Reading is one of the most popular pastimes in the world and it’s easy to see why — how many times have you found yourself lost in a great book? However, reading books can be about more than just entertainment. In fact, there are so many great books out there that can actually have a monumental impact on your life if you let them. Consider these books that will actually change your life and start adding them to your ‘must-read’ list. If you take the time to indulge in these works then you may just find that the impact on your life is far more positive than you ever imagined.
10 Books to Consider that Will Change Your Life Completely
If you are looking to pick up some inspiring reads that can actually change your life, consider the following works:
- The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck, M.D. – This famed work has been around for more than 25 years and is filled with wisdom about how people can be more fulfilled individuals. The goal of this book is to help people find their own path to self-acceptance and realization.
- Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi – This book focuses on a 20-year study done by the author and helps educate people on how the ‘flow’ in their lives can maximize the positive vibes people feel and help make their lives more meaningful.
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield – This book has a main goal: to help people be more successful with their art, no matter what that art form may be. Whether you are an entrepreneur, a healer or a writer, the book strives to help people live their authentic lives and break through resistance.
- Conversations With God by Neil Donald Wlasch – While this book may be a work of fiction, the dialogue between the author and ‘God’ touch on everything from spirituality to love and even politics. While “God’s message” is a big part of the work, this book can appeal to all types of individuals no matter what their religious beliefs may be.
- The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho – This classic work of literature may have a page turning story at its center, but it is still has a powerful metaphor about following your dreams and overcoming obstacles, that can change anyone’s life for the better.
- The Secret by Rhonda Byrne – This wildly popular self-help book is all about a journey of discovering and teaching readers to visualize the goals and the life they want. This national best-seller has been hailed by millions as a true life-changing work of literature.
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey – For more than 25 years, this book as been providing people with powerful lessons in how to change their personal life, with detailed instructions and guides that millions have found success with.
- The Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris – Guaranteed to change the way you view work and your job, this book has inspired many people to move away from conventional career choices and find new ways of making a living with practical lessons and information.
- Who Moved My Cheese by Spencer Johnson – The goal of this popular book is simple: to remind people that change is inevitable and that it is always happening. Accepting change has been a difficult challenge for people for decades and this book aims to help individuals accept that change.
- How to Win Friends and influence People by Dale Carnegie – This book not only has an intriguing title but it focuses on how we view people today, and delivers important reminders many of us have long forgotten about listening and asking questions. Many have found it to be the ‘go to’ guide for those in sales.
How to Turn Your Life Around With Literature
When it comes to changing your life with literature, picking up these titles is only half of the battle. In order to truly get the most out of life-changing books such as this, it is important that you become an avid and engaged reader. Take notes, highlight your favorite passages and keep track of the advice given in each of these books. You should also be keeping track of how you are implementing these lessons into your life.
While it may seem like reading these books essentially requires you do ongoing homework, reading life-changing books such as this really is worth it. If you are willing to take the time to be an engaged reader and actually pay attention to the lessons detailed in this literature, then these books truly can help change your perspective, and your life.
Image Credit: Flickr