When it comes to finding the inspiration that you need to stay motivated, productive and successful, many times turning to the words of wisdom of others can be just the boost you need in order to find the success you have been looking for. When it comes to inspirational quotes, American preacher Joel Osteen is perhaps one of the greatest modern sources for inspiring words to live by.
Reading inspirational quotes like these or placing them around the home or workplace can provide a major source of inspiration for any individual looking to succeed in their personal or professional endeavors.
Who is Joel Osteen?
If you are not familiar with Joel Osteen, he is an established American preacher, televangelist and author. He is also the pastor of Lakewood Church, the largest Protestant church in the United States. Joel Osteen’s unique preaching style has helped him develop into a motivational speaker and he has inspired millions from all over the globe with his words.
However, believing in his church and his church’s teachings is not necessary when it comes to listening to his inspirational quotes.
Beyond his religious endeavors, Joel Osteen is a seasoned entrepreneur, has his program distributed to more than 20 million viewers a month in more than 100 countries and has written over five New York Times Bestselling books. Most of these books focus specifically on motivating people to be their best. His books include titles such as Your Best Life Now: 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential andBecoming a Better You: 7 Keys to Improving Your Life Every Day.
With so much success behind him, it is easy to see why so many people turn to Joel Osteen as a source of inspiration and value his motivational quotes.
Succeed With These Joel Osteen Quotes
- “You’re going to go through tough times- that’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positives in negative events.”
- “Life’s too short to spend it trying to keep others happy. You can’t please everyone. To fulfill your destiny, stay true to your heart.”
- “Don’ go into the New Year holding a grudge from last year. Leave the hurts and disappointments behind.”
- “If you have your health, if you have people in your life to love, you are blessed. Slow down and enjoy the simple things in life.”
- “You cannot hang out with negative people and expect to live a positive life.”
- “The more you talk about negative things in your life, the more you call them in. Speak victory not defeat.”
- “There is a winner in you. You were created to be successful, to accomplish your goals, to leave your mark on this generation. You have greatness in you. The key is to get it out.”
- “Hard times may have held you down, but they will not last forever. When all is said and done, you will be better off than before.”
- “Do all you can to make your dreams come true.”
- “If one dream dies, dream another dream. If you get knocked down, get back up and go again.”
- “Every day we have plenty of opportunities to get angry, stressed or offended. But what you’re doing when you indulge these negative emotions is giving something outside yourself power over your happiness. You can choose to not let little things upset you.”
- “Don’t ever criticize yourself. Don’t go around all day long thinking, ‘I’m unattractive, I’m slow, I’m not as smart as my brother.’ God wasn’t having a bad day when he made you… If you don’t love yourself in the right way, you can’t love your neighbour. You can’t be as good as you are supposed to be.”
- “See, when you drive home today, you’ve got a big windshield on the front of your car. And you’ve got a little bitty rearview mirror. And the reason the windshield is so large and the rearview mirror is so small is because what’s happened in your past is not near as important as what’s in your future.”
- “I think that God gives you your own will and choices. I don’t believe that we’re supposed to drag ourselves through life defeated and not see God’s blessings. But you have to make the right choices and follow that still, small voice within you. Because I think that’s how God leads us.”
- “Keep a good attitude and do the right thing even when it’s hard. When you do that you are passing the test. And God promises you your marked moments are on their way.”
- “I’ve always been very happy. I’ve always been easy going and I’ve always been very encouraging; it’s just my personality.”
- “If we say it long enough eventually we’re going to reap a harvest. We’re going to get exactly what we’re saying.”
- I purposely don’t talk about money, because people are already skeptical about TV preachers. But I do say that I want you to be blessed. To me, prosperity is having health, having great children, having peace, good relationships. It’s not about the money.”
- “People in tough times – it doesn’t mean they don’t have a great attitude.”
- “You have to come to your closed doors before you get to your open doors… What if you knew you had to go through 32 closed doors before you got to your open door? Well, then you’d come to closed door number eight and you’d think, ‘Great, I got another one out of the way’… Keep moving forward.”
These are just some of the many inspirational quotes delivered by Joel Osteen that have helped so many receive the motivational boost they need to make their goals a reality.
Joel Osteen’s Books
For those who feel personal inspired by Joel Osteen, a great way to soak in more of his wisdom is to read one of his many books. These books feature hundreds of pages of similar, inspirational quotes about success. Here are Osteen’s biggest titles:
Your Best Life Now: 7 Steps to Living at Your Full Potential: This is Osteen’s first book, released in 2004. The title reached the top spot on the New York Times Best Seller list and is often hailed as his most popular book to date. This book was all about recognizing potential and taking steps to live up to that potential.
Become a Better You: 7 Keys to Improving Your Life Every Day: This book was released in 2007 and also topped the New York Times Best Sellers List. The book sold millions of copies around the world and focused more on relationships and on not getting stuck in your current position in life.
It’s Your Time: Activate Your Faith, Achieve Your Dreams: This best-selling book was published in 2009 and adapted a completely new format. This book discusses finding faith in order to achieve dreams and work through difficult times.
Every Day a Friday: How to Be Happier 7 Days Week: Released in 2011, work is all about self-acceptance and happiness and focuses on how to be truly happy each and every day of the week. The book is based on research that states that people are happiest on Fridays, Osteen’s approach is dedicated towards helping people make every day their Friday.
I Declare: 31 Promises to Speak Over Your Life: This book, released in 2012, is broken up into 31 different sections, so that readers can take in a lesson today. Each section is a promise that Osteen wants readers to make to themselves in order to find more success in their lives.
You Can, You Will: 8 Undeniable Qualities of a Winner: Published in 2014, this Joel Osteen book is all about success and about truly being a winner. The book is similar to his first work in terms of purpose, but focuses instead on qualities that winners should have and say to teach yourself to possess these qualities.